Food Tour in Budapest
If you are planning a tour in Hungary and in particular a food tour in Budapest, then there are few choices available. Tours can include wine tasting, brewery tours, shopping trips, guided tours taking in historical landmarks and much more.
With all this available on your doorstep, don’t forget to leave time to eat lunch. If you’re travelling in a couple or small group, why not try something different and join a culinary workshop?
Private Budapest Cooking Class – an Alternative Food Tour in Budapest
This cooking activity combines elements of a walking tour as you make your way around the local market, with that of some culinary delights.
The Private Budapest Cooking Class includes:
- Join a local tour guide as you enjoy a walk around the market. Here you can learn all about traditional Croatian cuisine, taste Hungarian salami and pickles, as well as choose from the freshest ingredients.
- Don’t worry about buying a ticket for the public transport, for it’s included within the price.
- Likewise your payment for the workshop already includes any ingredients purchased at the market, ready to cook a 3-course meal.
- There will be a glass of wine waiting for you at the kitchen where your lesson begins.
- First on the menu is pogácsa, a Hungarian snack similar to that of a cheese scone.
- Next is the main course of paprika chicken with dumplings
- Dishes in Hungary are often accompanied by a salad dish, so while your stew is cooking there will be a chance to prepare one yourself.
- Finally the desert option, Hungarians have a sweet tooth and so you can expect to make something special. It’s a simple yet effective recipe, but one to take back home.
- Once everything is out the oven and off the stove, you can sit down with your guide and enjoy a great 3-course meal together.
The class lasts around 4 hours in total and is a fun way to spend some time during your holiday. Workshops are a great experience for all the family with children welcome to join in. This private experience could be one to book for a team building course during some downtime when away on business, or an alternative activity for those organising a stag or hen do in Budapest.
Other food tours in Budapest are of course available, so carry out some research, by looking at customer feedback. If you’re unsure then go with your heart, not just your stomach!
Whether you are a seasoned traveller or arranging your first-ever holiday, you can book your tour online today and start planning for a trip of a lifetime.